Hope everyone is having a great week and looking forward to the long weekend as much as I am?
I have had a few people ask me about tips for good skin…which means I must be doing something right (yimu)! Don’t get me wrong I am no Beyonce or Halle Berry skinwise but these ten tips have worked wonders for me and I am sticking to them.
Lets get to it
1. Cleanse your face twice a day – you need to wash your face in the morning AND at night especially those of us that wear make up everyday. Even if you don’t, you still need to wash your face at night. With make up you will need to double cleanse a term we will talk about in another post.Bottomline…NEVER wear make up to bed
2. Wear sunscreen everyday – don’t be fooled by ‘rainy season’, you need sunscreen everyday! Wear at least SPF 30.You know Lagos sun ain’t playing with y’all.
3. Eat Healthy – it is pointless to spend a fortune on skincare and eat junk food. You can eat your way to great skin by eating foods rich in antioxidants also by avoiding excess sugar and dairy. Eat green leafy vegetables, fruits, almonds and avoid fast food (yes we can)
4. See a QUALIFIED dermatologist/esthetician to properly diagnose skin conditions and tell you what skin treatments amd produtcs you need. I emphasise qualified as everyone is trying to make a quick profit and are providing all sorts of questionable services and products.
5. Supplements – omega 3, vitamin c, collagen, zinc etc. As always check with your doctor before you commence any medication.
6. Hydrate – both in and out. Drink lots of water and use hydrating cleansers,masks and serums.
7. Get a facial at least once a month. I believe this is self explanatory. If you can’t afford one give yourself one at home
8. Don’t smoke or drink alcohol excessively.
9. Move: ensure you exercise for at least 30 minutes a day three times a week (you can do more as you go along)
10. Take your hands off your face, change your pillowcase every couple of days and wipe your phone often
This is in no way exhaustive but these have helped me. Don’t expect miracles overnight, everything takes time, effort and may cost money but nothing beats being able to go barefaced if you choose to or not having to worry about your skin.
Hope you find them helpful.
Feel free to leave a comment sharing your own skincare secrets or tips that have worked for you.
Till next time…wishing you a filter- free existence